As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the full-stack development of one of the client’s major products by working cross-functionally with the product and design organizations. Within the product engineering team, this role reports directly to the Director of Engineering to drive complex technical solutions to meet the requirements of the product. This includes leading a team of engineers, guiding them towards the best technical design and implementations, owning the NFR engineering for the product, consulting with client engagement teams on client escalations and interacting with client teams for technology value articulation. Additionally, as an individual contributor, you will solve some of the more challenging aspects of the technology and ensure the timely delivery of product requirements.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• As primary owner of the architecture and design of your suite of products you will be responsible for – scaling, performance, availability & quality of the products; driving technology & best practices in engineering; driving code reviews, design reviews architecture discussions; driving the adoption of these best practices
• Actively code and experiment with a new set of technologies and tools for futuristic systems
• Translate high-level business requirements into technical functional requirements
• Technical effort management, resource scheduling, task decomposition, and risk management in an agile environment
• Provide mentorship in framework design to engineers and collaborate effectively with other product development teams across multiple geographies
• Create systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows using data pipelines
• Evaluate and fine-tune systems for speed, robustness, and cost-efficiency
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Own multiple systems and work with engineers, product managers and engineering leaders to identify opportunities
• for business impact
• Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with business and market needs
The ideal Principal full-stack engineer will be a senior engineer who is passionate about leading and guiding passionate software development teams working on hard problems in computer science in areas such as distributed systems, machine learning, NLP, programming languages, computer security, networking, cloud computing, automation, analytics and big data.
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
• Possesses at least 5 years of experience in building and delivering products from scratch to meet enterprise requirements at scale
• Proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP
• Possesses a full-time Engineering Degree(Graduate/Post Graduate) – Computer Science preferred
• Prior experience with NoSQL databases and RDBMS systems
• Possesses an excellent understanding of UI visualization frameworks such as material design etc. and extensive experience in creating UI solutions leveraging Angular/AngularJS/React/D3
• Possesses hands-on programming skills – Knowledge of programming constructs, data structures and algorithms;
• Scripting languages/Framework (Python)
• Excellent story-telling skills to communicate complex ideas and solutions effectively
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability and software design, system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
• Knowledge of pattern recognition, image processing, OCR and NLP techniques
• Knowledge of traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques in one or more areas including regression, classification, deep learning and reinforcement learning;
• Knowledge regarding frontend performance improvements in most common browsers, cross-browser compatibility issues;
• sense for appeal & aesthetics from a usability perspective
Our client is a young, fast-growing AI company shaking up how work gets done across the enterprise. Every day, they help clients identify opportunities for automation, and then use a variety of AI and advanced automation techniques to rapidly model manual work in the form of code. Their impact has already been felt across some of the most reputable Fortune 500 companies, which are consequently seeing major gains in efficiency, client satisfaction, and overall savings. It’s an exciting experience to watch companies transform themselves rapidly with our client.
Should have built a product from a scratch, coming from SaaS products background
Candidates from hyper-growth startups are highly preferred.
A full-stack developer who was in an IC role for a long time and grown into a managerial position.
8-10 years of hands-on and extensive experience in C++/Java/Python
Experience in Designing/Architecture /Decision making
Experience- 10 – 15 years
Salary- INR 40 – 90 LPA